IPL for Broken Capillaries?

I have broken capillaries around the nose area. I was told IPL would be good, but I am afraid of getting burned or swollen. The test patch left small welts, but went away in a few days. I do not want welts on my face the test patch was done on my chest. Should I get just small area done on face the first time if I have procedure done?

IPL for Broken Capillaries

There are a number of modalities that can work on broken capillaries. the first choice is to choose a treating physician who understands your objectives, and has the expertise to deliver good results. As a treating physician, I perform the consultations and treatments. Consult with 3 experienced and expert board certified physicians to understand your options.

1501 Forest Hill Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33406

Vbeam Laser

For the broken capillaries on your face the Vbeam seams to be a better choice. The most advanced Pulsed Dye Laser Technology, VBeam treats red skin, broken blood vessels, rosacea, and birthmarks. This laser targets the selected area with an intense yet gentle burst of light. This laser is so safe that it’s used for the treatment of port wine stains on infants and young children. People come in on their lunch breaks and return to work with no downtime!

Dennis Gross, MD

900 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10021

IPL OK Vascular Laser Better

An IPL might be effectilve, but a vascular laser such as the Versa Pulse would be much better for the type of blood vessels you are describing. If you have a number of pigmented spots besides the blood vessels then IPL might be give you the suuperior results, otherwise I would recommend the Versa Pulse which can bore in reight on the blood vessels. With the colling tip it should not be painful.

They certainly could do a test patch and then work on the area you mention as bothering you.

Good luck.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

5320 Providence Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23464