IPL and Duac/Tetracycline For Moderate Acne?

I currently have moderate acne mostly on chin area and slight redness or nose and cheeks.I am thinking of having IPL done.I am currently taking 300mg of Tetracycline over 6 months and Duac cream (clindamycin benzoyl peroxide) should I discontinue these before IPL?Also are there any other laser treatments for acne that can be recommended?

Discontinuing acne treatment before IPL treatment

+1

I would discontinue the tetracycline and duac cream at minimum 1 week before your IPL, and ideally even 2 weeks. Best to speak with your dermatologist about available laser treatments such as Isolaz for acne.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

IPL Tetracycline acne

+1

I think overall it is safe but I would recommend to stop the tetracycline for 2 weeks before. There are so many in the market outside of the USA that it is impossible to keep control.  I hope that this helps

Miami Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.