For What Ages Can IPL Be Used?

For what ages can IPL be administered? Can it be used on teenagers? 

IPL is safe for all ages.

+1

IPL is safe for everyone, but because of the process and the perceived discomfort, it is probably best to wait until the child is a little older and able to sit still so it is less traumatic to them. I've used IPL to target spider angiomas (blood vessels) in a child around 8 years old - they have to be willing to sit still and accept that "rubber band snap". If your child can do that, then you should have no worries about the safety.

Hope this helps!

Beverly Hills Dermatologist

There really are no age restrictions for IPL treatments

+1

IPL treatments can be used to treat many different skin issues that are related to skin discoloration to include port wine stains that are routinely treated in the childhood years. As long as the physician is well versed in its capabilities and possible complications, IPL treatments can be used safely at almost any age.

I hope I was helpful.

Austin Dermatologist