IPL Treatment Before Cancer Radiation Therapy?

I will be undergoing radiation in 3-4 weeks for breast cancer. I was planning to have an IPL treatment for the brown age spots on my face. Would this be unwise to do prior to receiving 6 weeks of radiation for breast cancer? Would it be wiser to wait until after the radiation treatment is complete? If so, how long should I wait? Thank you for any information you are able to provide.

IPL treatments for facial pigmentation

+1

Kmac:

First, I am sorry to hear that you need breast cancer treatment. I hope everything goes well. Second, the radiation should be limited to your chest and axilla or shoulder area. Confirm that with your radiation oncologist. The facial hyperpigmentation should be able to be treated by Intense Pulsed Light, avoiding the radiation therapy areas, but discuss this with your plastic surgeon or dermatologist. Remember to continue sun protection and any topical skin lightening creams they have suggested.

Greenville Plastic Surgeon