Is It Okay to Get IPL While Pregnant or Breastfeeding?

I am 15 weeks pregnant and really want to get IPL treatments for age spots on my face I'm 30 years old. Is it okay to get IPL when pregnant? What about after I have the baby when breastfeeding?

IPL is safe for both pregnancy and breastfeeding.

IPL is safe in both of these situations. Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is simply visible light (like sunlight), but given at a high energy. There is no carcinogenic radiation, no ultraviolet light, and no cancer potential or potential harm to internal organs / baby. The light does not penetrate farther than the skin. You should be fine doing this procedure while pregnant and while breastfeeding.

Good luck!

Beverly Hills Dermatologist