Is It Okay to Get IPL While Pregnant or Breastfeeding?

I am 15 weeks pregnant and really want to get IPL treatments for age spots on my face I'm 30 years old. Is it okay to get IPL when pregnant? What about after I have the baby when breastfeeding?

IPL is safe for both pregnancy and breastfeeding.

+1

IPL is safe in both of these situations. Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is simply visible light (like sunlight), but given at a high energy. There is no carcinogenic radiation, no ultraviolet light, and no cancer potential or potential harm to internal organs / baby. The light does not penetrate farther than the skin. You should be fine doing this procedure while pregnant and while breastfeeding.

Good luck!

Beverly Hills Dermatologist