IPL After Rhinoplasty

Dear Doctor, I am considering moustache IPL treatment and I had a nose job around 7 months ago. I know most parts do not effect the nose but really small parts do. I was just wondering if anything could happen if I got the treatment. Thanks!

IPL after rhinoplasty

+1

I would agree that it is likely safe to perform IPL seven months after rhinoplasty. I would certainly talk with the surgeon who performed your rhinoplasty just to make sure.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

IPL following Rhinoplasty

+1

Thanks for the question.

At 7 months out from your rhinoplasty you should be safe to proceed with an IPL treatment. Consult with your rhinoplasty  surgeon to assure there is no contraindication.

Warmest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

IPL 7 months after rhinoplasty is safe

+1

There should be no problems with your planned procedure. Be sure to tell your physician doing the IPL about your nose job.

Robert Kasten, MD
Mainz Dermatologic Surgeon

IPL after rhinoplasty

+1

If the rhinoplasty was performed 7 months ago, the area should be well healed by now.  Therefore, I see no contraindication for IPL treatments for you at the present time.

It's important to be sure that the IPL treatment is the right treatment for the particular problem in the moustache area.  If it is, there is no reason for you not to have one.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

IPL After Rhinoplasty

+1

7 months is long enough to be sure that an IPL therapy will not injury your new nose. Best to discuss in person with your chosen doctor.