IPL After Accutane

I went on accutane for a total of 4 months. (stopped due to side effects) I have been off accutane for 2 months, and my skin looks horrible. I still get acne, broken blood vessels, and about 80% of the day my skin is quite red. Even when its not as red, it just has a ruddy appearance.

What I was wondering is how long do you have to wait to get IPL done after accutane? (My skin is still quite dry..even though it always is in winter).

Get a test spot 6 months from the last dose

IPL is not ablative, so you usually do not need to wait one year, but to be on the safe side, I'd recommend a test pulse or two to verify that your skin responds normally. I also recommedn pre and post treating with the Clinique Medical Kit. You can purchase the system from your doctor.

New Orleans Dermatologist