Does IPL Affect Radiesse or Botox Injections?

IPL and Botox or Radiesse

+2

IPL does not affect Botox or Radiesse.  I would not treat with IPL the same day as the injections because of heat and manipulation.  If you have IPL first, wait 1 week or until your skin is back to normal before having Botox and Radiesse, or wait 1 day after Botox or 2 weeks after Radiesse to have IPL.

Toronto Dermatologist

No. But I wouldn't do them at the same exact time.

+2

Thanks for your question.

The short answer is no. However, if you are doing IPL or any other laser and wish to do Botox/Restylane/Radiesse/Juvederm, then I would suggest that you split up your treatments and do the IPL/laser separate. The only reason behind this is that IPL/laser generates heat, and this heat may affect concomitantly injected Botox or filler. In most cases this shouldn't be an issue, but you want to make sure that you get the best results from your treatment and don't want to take chances. The reverse is also important - the swelling due to IPL/laser may impact the injections of Botox or fillers, so it's best to do the IPL/laser in one appt, and Botox/fillers in another appointment.

Hope this helps!

Don Mehrabi, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

IPL does not affect Injectable Fillers, or BOTOX.

+1

IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) is used for hair removal, and PhotoFacials. The light does not penetrate deeply into the skin, so I would not be concerned about an IPL treatment over an area that has had previous BOTOX or filler.

You should ask your board-certified specialist what they think before proceeding.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon