Is IPL Advisable for Treating Body Acne?

I am a 19 year old girl and I want to banish bacne once and for all. It's not very serious but it has days where I can't wear a tank top or dress because it just flares up! Help!

IPL not effective for back acne

+1

Unless you add Levulan to the IPL treatments, you will not have a good result in treating your back acne.  Please see a dermatologist who can prescribe treatment and perhaps light chemical peels or back facials. 

Toronto Dermatologist

IPL not effective for body acne

+1

It's unlikely that you will experience any improvement after IPL treatment for active acne disease.  In a very few cases where we have seen improvement are anecdotal and improvement would have happened without any light treatment.

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

IPL and Body Acne

+1

Please save your time and money on this one.  IPL treatments will not help much for back acne.  Please see a good Dermatologist and get on a treatment plan which will most likely include systemic as well as topical therapies.  Sometimes "facials" done on the back can also be effective, but not as a stand alone therapy.   Back acne can be a tough problem to treat.

Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Body acne and IPL

+1

IPL is effective for many things, but frankly, in my opinion, body acne isn't one of them. To treat the back, a large amount of time is required, and you might still have the acne, but you'll get rid of the associated redness is all. Acne needs to be treated with either oral or topical medications; laser treatments aren't enough to fully get rid of the root of the acne, it merely treats the associated redness. If you don't want to see a dermatologist or don't want to take medications, SkinCeuticals makes a great (and inexpensive!) toner called LHA Solution (they have a cleanser too) that can be used on the body and face to treat acne. Many of my patients and even my technicians swear this helps will their body acne.

Web reference: http://www.skinceuticals.com