What's Involved in a Neck Lift Revision?

I am 4 months out from a neck lift and soon after I was seeing sagging on both sides of my under the chin area. My jowls seem to be in the same condition they were prior to the lift. My ps is planning a revision (local) to remove excess skin.. How this may be done, I'm not sure. Are you familiar with the method? He is planning a 90 minute proceedure.

Minor procedures often result in minor results

+4

"Minor procedures" often result in minor results and can be disappointing to the patient and surgeon. Therefore, the selection of the technique must match the patient's anatomy and goals with realistic expectations.

Suture suspension techniques, rely heavily on the sutures. If they break, or tear through the tissue, then the support will be lost and the neck and/or jowl will drop.

Most patients with significant jowls and hanging neck tissues require removal of excess fat, sometimes above and below the neck muscles (platysma), reinforcement and tightening of the SMAS and platysma and tayloring and redraping of the skin.

these can sometimes be accomplished with a shortscar facelift with limited incisions, but in other patients requires more extensive surgery to achieve a longlasting and good result.

Revision neck lift

+1

Withotu an exam it is difficult to say what you would need. However, some combination or incisions udner the chin and along the border of the ears would probably be necessary.

Revision neck lift

+1

It sounds like you had some sort of quickie lift done. Fortunately, it sounds like your plastic surgeon will do a revision for you without charging you. I always tell patients to expect minimal results from minimal procedures. You probably needed a more substantial operation to help you achieve what you wanted.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon