Quantity For 8-Month Followup Restylane Touchup Treatments?

After the very first derma filler treatment for marionette lines and tear troughs, how much Restylane will one need at touch up time 8 months later? 50% of the original treatment amount?

Restylane Touch up

+2

This is a difficult question to answer as the resorption rate of Hyaluronic Acid(Restylane) by the body varies with the individual and the area of placement. Medicis(the company that makes Restylane) reports in studies that 95% of patients maintained correction for up to 18 months when the initial treatment was followed up with another treatment( usually 50% of the initial volume) at 4-5 months. This is something I call "Stacking". I can tell you that in my own patients it works and I even have several that come to mind where the correction has lasted over 2 years! 

New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Followup restylane treatment

+1

Everyone is different.  It depends upon how you metabolize the filler, how much was injected, and the depth of the areas which required filling.  Generally, eight months is not an unreasonable time to seek an additional treatment.  I find that many of my patients request one syringe at that time.  This is certainly based upon economic factors as well as the lasting effect of the fillers themselves.  It is completely a personal decision.  The one beauty of filler is that, if you want more but are financially pressed, you can opt for one syringe in the area which disturbs you most and return fo additional treatment when it is feasible for you to do so. 

Restylane - Quantity For 8-Month Followup Restylane Touchup Treatments?

+1

It's impossible to answer this question via this forum - it depends too much on what you looked like before your treatments, how much you received during your initial treatment, and how much of it is remaining at your second treatment.

However, in general, for a hyaluronic acid filler treatment, you typically need to be seen about twice a year, as the fillers last from about 4-8 months.  So you may need again as much as you did for the first treatment.  A visit in less time than that might require less than that amount.

Furthermore, I find that it lasts longer in areas that do not undergo more frequent movement (ie, it lasts longer at the upper Nasolabial lines than right around the mouth...nothing personal, of course...).  So it may last differently depending on what part of your face you're talking about.

I realize that this a round-about answer, but it's a less straight-forward question than it might appear to be.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

How much Restylane for touch up treatment

+1

Greetings~

It is nearly impossible to predict how much Restylane will be needed for touch up after 8 months.  There are many factors involved such as rate of absorption (which can vary greatly between patients), areas treated and degree of correction (full vs. partial correction of a given area)with the initial treatment.  After a full correction in the nasolabial folds for example, a patient may only need 50% correction but they may need significantly more. We suggest a follow up and touch up treatment within 3-6 months after the initial.  The key to a good correction that isn't noticeable to friends, family and co-workers is retreating well before there is a very noticeable decrease, not waiting until it is 70-100% gone. In time, you will learn and see your own rate of absorption and how frequently you will need a touch up...Unfortunately, no one can predict that.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com

+1

Quantity For 8-Month Followup Restylane Touchup Treatments?  Don't use Restylane in marrionette lines, but rather I prefer to use Perlane that, IMHO gives a better esult.  The depth and length, of the folds, will dicatate how much filler is required.  If you wait 8-9 months before your next Restylane or perlane treatment to the Marrionette lines, you'll most likely need a full treatment as it lasts about that long.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

How much Restylane do I need?

+1
Unfortunately there is no easy formula that we can give you in a situation such as you posed. The answer will require an in person clinical evaluation of your face. Typically the longevity of hyaluronic fillers run about 6-9 months but this can vary from patient to patient and is also dependent upon the location on the face it is injected.
Long Island Dermatologist

Your treating physician should approach this based on your concerns.

+1

There is not magic formula.  It is often a matter of personal preference and budget.  Speak to your injecting physician regarding your concerns and your budget.  Most injectors will tailor treatment to both of these considerations.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

You will need enough Restylane to maintain an optimum result.

+1

There is no specific amount of Restylane need to do a touch up.  It is important to use enough Restylane to do a beautiful job.  Like an artist who uses enough paint to finish a masterpiece.  An expert physician will give you an a fairly accurate estimate of the amount you will need to achieve the result you want.

Web reference: http://www.gatewaylasercenter.com/Fillers&Volumizing.html

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane Touch ups

+1

Everyone metabolizes Restylane at a different rate, and the material can last longer in different areas of your face.  Your injector will evaluate you, perhaps look at pre-treatment photos if any were done, and then the two of you can decide exactly what needs to be done!

Beverly Hills Dermatologist

How much Restylane is needed for a touch up?

+1

This answer is best addressed at the time of your treatment.  Much will depend on your current status and whether or not you were satisified with the initial treatment plan.

Because a treatment plan (touch up or not) should be individualized, there is no set "recipe."  A good practitioner will keep you involved in this discussion and work to meet your goals and budget.

Ideally, repeated, consistent dermal filler treatments will lend to sustained outcomes that require less touch ups.  Also, different areas of the face will experience different treatment durations/outcomes.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/restylaneTreatment.aspx