Can Invislign Have Tmj Treatment Included?

I would like to know, if certain invislign can be made to specialize in treating tmj as well. Like my orthodontist told me i will have a dual treatment: invislign and tmj treatment. I want to know if it is possible to have certain invislign made to also specialize in treating tmj.

Invisalign and TMJ

+1

Your TMJ MUST be treated first and this can be done with proper pt and exercises. Your orthodontist will determine when to start invisalign. It is not uncommon for the TMJ issues to go away during the movement of your bite. We just do not want it to return. Your Dr. will determine the best balance for your bite and you muscles. Very seldom is there a damaged joint that won't heal and function with PT and proper understanding of your bite and jaw movement help is on the way!

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Invisalign to treat TMJ

+1

Your invisalign treatment will treat the orthodontic issue directly but not the TMJ concerns.  It may indirectly help the TMJ issue but you are unable to treat the TMJ with invisalign.

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign and TMJ Treatment

+1

Your TMJ issues should be dealt with first. A Neuromuscular Dentist, such as myself, would analyze your TMJ problems FIRST, and determine a proper position for your muscles to be in a relaxed state, and TEST this position FIRST to make sure it relieves your TMJ symptoms. Only then would you have your teeth moved into that position. Any other way is guesswork, hit or miss!

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist