Can Invislign Have Tmj Treatment Also?

So my orthdontist told me that my invislign (1.5 year treatment ) has tmj treatment built in it as well. When i asked when i will start my tmj treatment, she said the invislign already has tmj treatment within the invislign, in which when it was ordered it was specifically made to treat my zlight malculssion on one row of my teeth along with my tmj problem on both my jaws. Can this be possible (as to the invislign having tmj treatment specifically built on it). Thanks

Invisalign with TMJ Treatment built in

+1

There is no way that Invisalign can PREDICTABLY correct your TMJ symptoms. It might, by chance, but there is no way to "build it in" to Invisalign. I agree with the other doctors that it should be managed prior to the invisalign.  I have never seen TMJ get worse with invisalign

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

TMJ treatment with invisalign

+1

I completely agree with Dr. Neuhaus that jaw joint (TMJ) symptoms need to be managed first BEFORE beginning to move teeth around, whether by invisalign or conventional orthodontics.  Through neuromuscular dentistry techniques, the correct relationship of the lower jaw to the upper jaw should be determined, then a bite splint called an orthotic is made to gradually guide the lower jaw into this relaxed and comfortable position for the jaw muscles and jaw joints.  Then and only then should the teeth be moved, which at this point may be possible with invisalign.

Michael Firouzian, DDS
Columbus Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign and TMJ Treatment Built In

+1

There is no way that Invisalign can PREDICTABLY correct your TMJ symptoms. It might, by chance, but there is no way to "build it in" to Invisalign. I believe that the TMJ symptoms should be attempted to be corrected FIRST, using a removable and totally reversible orthotic appliance fabricated with Neuromuscular Techniques. Once the symptoms are relieved by finding your correct "bite", then an orthodontist can follow the orthotic as a guide, and move your teeth to that pre-determined position. That cannot be done with Invisalign.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist