Invisilign Buttons Coming off Often?

Is it normal that the buttons for my rubber band come of often? They both fall off within about a week of each other and about every 3 months. I just had one fixed last week and the same one fell off today! I'm so frustrated I want to look for a new doctor!

Buttons

+1

You need to look for your Dr and have a talk about the problem. Sometimes brushing with a flouride before buttons go on can cause a failure. The Dr will look and determine what is going on and correct the problem

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Invisalign buttons coming off

+1

Sorry to hear how frustrated you are.  I can assure you that it does happen though.  Without knowing how it is being bonded to the teeth it is hard to determine why it is happening.  It is certainly not normal but can happen

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Sometimes things don't go as planned

+1

I can assure you that your dentist shares your frustration.  As to why they are coming off, I can't know without seeing you, but it is possible that alternative methods should be explored (brackets, buttons on different teeth, different shaped buttons).

No, it is not normal that buttons are coming off (but it DOES happen).

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist