Can I Get Invisialgn or Should I Get Braces? (photo)

As you can see my canine tooth ir ontop of my lateral incisor.

INVISALIGN OR BRACES WHICH IS BETTER

+1

I have seen a lot of difficult cases treated successfully with Invisalign. I have also seen a number of cases that were treated with Invisalign that had to be finished with traditional braces. I have not seen the reverse. In my practice, whenever there is any doubt that Invisalign will not give acceptable results, I refer to an orthodontist for traditional braces. From the photos you sent and in view of the fact that the lateral is so far pallatally and obstructed by the cuspid, you would referred to an orthodontist for traditional braces.

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign or traditional orthodontics

+1

Cases like this can be done with Invisalign but a thorough exam by a competant invisalign dentist (go to Invisalign prefered provider referral site for best Invisalign dentists in your area) can give you a more clear answer. Also he can tell you about the pros and cons of each in your particular case.  There are definite benefits and drawbacks for each and it is case dependent.  Best of Luck!

Scott LeSueur, DDS
Mesa Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign or Braces

+1

Your case is not a simple answer. From the looks of the photos, the amount of movement necessary appears to be too much for Invisalign. You will probably need braces. Have a consultation with an orthodontist.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign or braces?

+1

This should not be your first question!  First thing is to do a proper diagnosis and figure out how to get the room to do the correction...by the way, just use braces or Invisalign to round things out is NOT a diagnosis!

After the diagnosis and decisions how to treat are made THEN evaluate which technique can achieve the correct results.....braces and Invisalign are tools....use them correctly!

Robert Waxler, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist

Braces versus Invisalign treatment

+1

From what it appears from your pictures you have a tooth that has come in completely inside on the roof of your mouth. If that is the situation that kind of movement is too involved for what Invisalign can do and you will need braces to be able to correct the problem. You of course have to consult with an orthodontist who will be able to do a full examination and give you all the options you have available.

Tanya Vaysman, DMD
New York Orthodontist