Is Invisalign Right for Me? My Teeth Are Leaning Inward.

My teeth are straight but leaning just a bit inward, an orthodontics said that invisaligns would not correct them, but my dentist said it will. Who is right?

Invisaalign vs. traditional orthodontics

+1

Actually both may be correct from their perspective.  There are usually several things that can be done with any orthodontic case to create as close to a perfect alignment as possible.  The question is:  How critical are each of these changes to a healthy bite relationship and how important are they to the patient.  The future health implications, the time of treatment, the cost, the appearance of the patient during care, and the ease of use are some issues to be considered here.  Having a good discussion with your dentist and his referring orthodontist may be a good start and then maybe get a second opinion if your still unsure.  The Invisalign provider can submit the case to Invisalign for a proposal of treatment called a clincheck.  Good luck!

Mesa Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign for teeth leaning inward

+1

Often an orthodontic case is more complex than it seems at first.  For instance, would correcting your inward-leaning teeth create an overbite?  If so, would Invisalign be able to correct that?  Do you care if you end up with an overbite, knowing that the teeth will quickly revert to their original position without excellent retainer wear? Are you highly adverse to wearing braces? The answers to these questions will have a bearing on how to proceed.

A simple solution to your dilemma would be to find out if your dentist and your orthodontist are highly experienced with both braces and Invisalign.  If either doctor uses ONLY one or the other then you might conclude that they are recommending the only appliance available to them.  I would tend to trust the advice of the doctor who has enough experience with both appliance systems to make a sound judgement about how well each one will work.  In the end you should be informed about and in control of your treatment.  After all--they're your teeth and you have to live with both the appliances during treatment and the results afterward.

Seattle Orthodontist