Can An Open Bite Be Fixed with Invisalign? (photo)

I have an open bite and ive been told that I will need surgery ,but from my reseach I have found that invisalign is more effective in stability for an open bite situation. I just want my teeth straighten and the open bite reduced. Can this be done with invisalign? 

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Invisalign for Openbite

+1

You are not a good candidate for Invisalign.  It seems you may even have a skeletal issue.  I would suggest going to a very good orthodontist.  It may not be easy or inexpensive, but you want ti done right.  Good luck

Washington Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign for skeletal Class III open bite

+1

The reason for a surgical recommendation in your case may have been your underbite. Typically jaw surgery is done in combination with orthodontic treatment to coordinate the fit of the bite. Invisalign may be an option in combination with the surgery, not as a replacement in your case.

San Ramon Orthodontist

Fixing an Open Bite with Invisalign

+1

I once had a similar patient that I did do Invisalign on. HOWEVER, we were never able to totally close his open bite, and the patient understood that fact BEFORE we began treatment.

New York Cosmetic Dentist