Can An Open Bite Be Fixed with Invisalign? (photo)

I have an open bite and ive been told that I will need surgery ,but from my reseach I have found that invisalign is more effective in stability for an open bite situation. I just want my teeth straighten and the open bite reduced. Can this be done with invisalign? 

Invisalign for skeletal Class III open bite

+1

The reason for a surgical recommendation in your case may have been your underbite. Typically jaw surgery is done in combination with orthodontic treatment to coordinate the fit of the bite. Invisalign may be an option in combination with the surgery, not as a replacement in your case.

San Ramon Orthodontist

Fixing an Open Bite with Invisalign

+1

I once had a similar patient that I did do Invisalign on. HOWEVER, we were never able to totally close his open bite, and the patient understood that fact BEFORE we began treatment.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist