Will Invisalign Work with Two Cainine Teeth and Space Problems? (photo)

The cainines on the top of my mouth are sideways. They should look like my bottom ones. This has causes the spacing in the top of my mouth to be off some. Would invisalign correct this? I think my bottom teeth are fine and do not need anything done. (Sorry for the dark pictures... My camera isn't working properly)

Severe rotations are hard with Invisalign - but possible

+1

Correcting severe rotations like this with Invisalign alone can be very time consuming and unpredictable.  In situations like this, we prefer to use a couple of traditional (clear or metal) braces to correct these rotations before proceeding with Invisalign.  We find this makes the treatment more predictable, with less time and with better overall outcomes.  I suggest you see an Orthodontist that is experienced with Invisalign for a consultation to discuss your options.  Best of luck!

Seattle Orthodontist

Invisalign advances make rotated canine teeth easier to correct.

+1

The canine teeth have a diamond shaped diameter making them notoriously difficult to rotate into proper position. However, advances in Invisalign technology (G4) have created some major breakthroughs in treating even the most difficult tooth movements with traditional orthodontics. The treatment results have been terrific and based on your photos- you can be one of them!

Gerry Curatola, DDS
Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Vs Traditional ortho

+1

This can be achieved with Invisalign, however, it will take much longer than traditional orthodontics (using Braces).  I suggest you have a consultation with an orthodontist to discuss further.  My experience tells me your best bet will be to go forward with traditional braces.  Goodluck!!

Parnaz Aurasteh, DDS
Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist

Rotations are hard for Invisalign

+1

It is not that it cannot be done, but it may take a long time to get it to work with Invisalign.  Rotations of more than 30 degrees are difficult, so I suggest traditional braces or 6 month braces.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist