Does Invisalign Work if You Switch from Regular Braces?

I am currently using standard metal braces but, I would like to switch to Invisalign. Can I continue my treatment or will i have to start from scratch again? I also have had 2 teeth pulled because my orthodontist said it would correct my over bite but I have felt nor seen any significant change in the spacing of those teeth in 2 months. I am just looking for a little advice on that matter.

Braces to Invisalign? Yes!

+1

Yes. Many times a patient may want to use a combination of braces and Invisalign. Some
patients will start their treatment using Invisalign and then finish with braces and others might
reverse it. However, most all orthodontic issues can be treated using Invisalign only.

New York Orthodontist

Braces to invisalign

+1

Dr have done this alot both ways. If aliners dont work then finish with braces and vice a versa.The teeth do not know what is pushing them. The pressure moves the teeth and what ever works best for you is the best way

Jacqueline Demko, DDS, MSD
Chesterfield Orthodontist

Switching from Regular Braces to Invisalign

+1

If you have already had the 2 teeth extracted, it is very difficult for Invisalign to close those gaps. I suggest you follow thru with conventional braces.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist