Top canines turned inwards, causing a gap: Will Invisalign Work for Me? (photo)

My top canines have always been slightly turned inwards, causing a gap between the canines and incisors on both sides. I am 31 and within the past 2 years, it looks like my teeth are shifting and the gap is becoming larger. Aside from the canines, my teeth are fairly straight; based on my pictures, would I be a candidate for Invisalign, rather than traditional braces? If so, how long do you think I would be required to wear them to see positive results? Thanks!

Invisalign for rotated canines

+1

canines being rotated and gaps opening up usually means that the front teeth may be moving forward. It is very difificult for canines to start rotating if there is no space available.

Your lower and upper teeth may be drifting forward.

Whilst you are rotating the canines back, you may need to leave some space for the anterior teeth to be pulled backward.

London Cosmetic Dentist

Will invisalign work for me

+1

From your photos that you have provided it does look like you would be a good candidate for invisalign treatment.  Find a certified provider in your area

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

YES

+1

Invisalign would not only work but will give you a very successful outcome. However, retention is key. The treatment time would be approximately 6- 8 months

Wasim Fazel, BDS
London Cosmetic Dentist

Invisilign for canines.

+1

It should be fairly easy to correct with Invisilign and would take less then an year. Most likely about 5-9 months

Svetlana Novak, DMD
Natick Cosmetic Dentist

Will Invisalign Work for My Spaces around Canines

+1

From your photos, it looks like Invisalign WILL work for you and it should take from 4-8 months.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign

+1

From the photo it looks like you have a large jaw bone. So you have extra space as a result and the spacing.

Treatment time will take 1-2 years, you may not be able to align the canines perfectly with Invisalign as it not the best option for rotated teeth, but it will look way better than it is now.

Invisalign should work for you to close the spaces, but you might still be left with some small spaces. 

These can be filled in later with composite resin (white filling material) or porcelain veneers.

Sylvan Fain, DDS
Miami Cosmetic Dentist