Would Invisalign Work for Me? (photo)

Hi! I am 48 years old , have periodontitis (2 surgeries 12 years apart) and my teeth have moved quite a lot lately. I never had braces, but I was never bothered by my teeth until now. My dentist is recommending Invisalign and I would like to know different opinions because were I live there are not too many expert in that field. My dentist also discovered that I have TMJ and that I should address that right after my invisalign treatment. I appreciate your opinion, thank you so much!

Wouild Invisalign Work for Me

+2

I cannot answer that question without much more information, including examination, study models and photos. However, I would like to address your TMJ issues. I also practice Neuromucular Dentistry, and truly believe that your TMJ symptoms should be resolved PRIOR to beginning any orthodontic movement of your teeth.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Incorrect answer

+2

I can not help but question the response from Dr. Firouzuan.  As an orthodontist who has practiced for over 30 years and who has read the orthodontic and dental journals with regularity, I question his assertion that, a cephalometric x-ray showing a small lower jaw tells you ANYTHING about the joint position or health.  How he can go from this x-ray to a statement about the cause of the patient's TMJ  problem is beyond me!  Small lower jaws are one of the most common orthodontic problems every orthodontist sees  and their is absolutely NO correlation between this problem and TMJ problems

Saint Louis Orthodontist

Invisalign not advisable with TMJ disorder

+1

Based on your lateral skull x-ray, your lower jaw is set back too far which is also the likely cause of your TMJ problems.  Invisalign will not be beneficial for you in the long run.  It may help straighten your teeth but would not be beneficial for your TMJ issues.  I recommend finding a dentist or orthodontist who performs neuromuscular orthodontic treatment.  This type of treatment takes the jaw joints into consideration FIRST before moving the teeth around.  To find a dentist in your area visit LVI Global website.

Columbus Cosmetic Dentist