Bottom row of teeth concern me: Will Invisalign Work for Me? (photo)

Hi, i am considering getting invisalign and i am wondering if it would work for me? My main concern is my bottom row because my top is not bad at all! Please Help, Thanks!

Invisalign for me

It appears yes. To be sure call an orthodontist and ahve your case worked up and all the pros and cons explained fo you treatment. There are many issues you need to lok at and not just run into treatment to use one type of treatment.

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Invisalign works

My recommendation based on your photos is to use Invisalign, for your bottom and also your top row. The upper and lower teeth fit together like puzzle pieces, so you have to straighten both to get a comfortable bite after the treatment. I do not see a need to bother with braces or separate expanders in your case. These days the question isn't so much if you are a candidate for Invisalign, but which doctor you choose to see. The range in experience and confidence using this advanced technology is all over the map. There are orthodontic offices that are 100% Invisalign and there are those that never do a case.

Rob van den Berg, DDS, MS
San Ramon Orthodontist

Will invisalign work for me

You do have mild to moderate crowding in the bottom arch and I think that you can successfully treat the case with invisalign.  Not sure what the last dentist meant but you do not need an expansion appliance prior to invisalign.  One of the things that invisalign does well is expand your arch.  I would see a qualified invisalign provider and he should be able to give you a better idea once he examines you

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Dentist

Invisalign will it work for me?

I have noticed the two previous comments and I think they are good advice.  That being said I will have to comment that you have moderate plus crowding of the lower arch.  I agree with Dr. Lauson that some expansion would be ideal in your case.  That means an expansion appliance prior to invisalign.  You might consider regular ceramic braces with the suresmile system.  I think that you will ultimately get a better result and it will take far less time.  Good Luck

Lawrence Singer, DMD
Washington Dentist

How to Know if Invisalign Will Work for You

The best way to know for sure is to have your well-qualified and experienced Invisalign Dentist submit your case for poreliminary Clin-Ckeck. This will cost a few hundred dollars, but your dentist can then show you in 3-D on the computer screen exactly what your results will look like, and approximately how long the process will take. If you go ahead with treatment, that fee will go towards your full fee for the service. If you decide not to proceed at that point, you're only out a few hundred.

Minor Crowding can be handled nicely with Invisalign

Minor crowding of the type you are showing can be effectively handled with Invisalign.  However if you want the best esthetic and functional result, consider having your upper and lower dental arches expanded before Invisalign.  See my book Straight Talk about Crooked teeth, now available at Amazon, for a more complete explanation.  Good luck to you.