Need A Second Opinion. I Have A Deep Overbite, Will Invisalign Work for Me?

I have a deep overbite where my top front teeth almost completely cover my lower front teeth. Other than that, my Orthodontist says that both sides of my upper and lower molars line up beautifully and that I don’t have any crooked teeth. With that said, he told me that I’m not a good candidate for Invisalign braces. I guess I’m confused as everything I’ve read seems to say otherwise. Also, I’m in my late 30’s and I don’t know if my age would factor into this. Thanks for any advise.

Invisalign is NOT a good solution for a very deep overbite

+1

Invisalign is good for slight movement of teeth forward or back or side to side, however it is NOT good for intruding or extruding teeth to any appreciable degree. For that you would need standard orthodontics.

New York Cosmetic Dentist