Age 17 and don't want metal braces: Will Invisalign work for me? (Photo)

I'm 17 years old and have been saving up to fix my teeth for the longest time. I've finally managed to earn enough, but will Invisalign work for me? Truthfully, I'd rather not have a mouth full of metal as I enter college in the fall. So do you think I'm a candidate for Invisalign or do I need traditional braces? Thanks in advance!

Will Invisalign work for me?

+1
Based solely on the photographs provided it would be impossible to say if Invisalign would work for you. Without evaluating the relationship of your upper jaw to your lower jaw as well as the shape and size of your dental arches plus your airway, lip support, profile and TMJ (none of which can be determined just looking at the photos provided) it would be impossible to say if Invisalign would work for you.

What can be said is that if you were to use Invisalign you would have to either extract teeth or slenderize teeth beyond what is commonly acceptable. 

Good luck!

Tustin Cosmetic Dentist

Am I a candidate for Invisalign?

+1
You would be a great candidate for Invisalign in my office.  I would recommend that you find a cosmetic dentist with experience in Invisalign because this is not a basic case. Then look at the cosmetic dentist's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. Your case seems pretty straight forward for a typical Invisalgin case at my office, but may prove difficult to some. We provide veneers for an immediate permanent fix and we provide Invisalign for a slower more cost effective solution.  
Good luck with everything.
Sarah Thompson, DMD  
O'Fallon, IL

Sarah Thompson, DMD
Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentist