Will Invisalign Work for Me?

I would like to get them. my top right side lateral incisor is behind the canine and central incisor with only a small gap between them. would it still be possible to get that tooth pushed forward with invisalign? also am i possibly looking at something to widen my jaw or getting other teeth removed to make room?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Invisalign has its linitations

+1

Invisalign constantly amazes me with it's ever expanding abilities in what it is able to do.  However, in some cases like yours, it probably will be much better to go with brackets.  You can consider lingual brackets that go on the inside of the teeth.

Washington Cosmetic Dentist

My lateral incisor is hidden behind my front tooth

+1

The lateral incisor can sometimes grow in the wrong place or the canine can push it backwards into the palate area. This can happen when the dental arch is narrow.

I have done many cases like this with Invisalign. What you need is the dental arch being expanded, some enamel contouring if necessary and then the lateral incisor being pushed outwards.

Sometimes you will find that the lateral incisors are different in shape and width.

London Cosmetic Dentist

This would be a tough one with Invisalign

+1

Invisalign is very appropriate for many kinds of cases.  A single tooth that is blocked out and in crossbite is not one of them.  Even though it may be possible to make the space and then move the lateral incisor crown forward, the root would be left behind so it is torqued improperly.  and right there in the front of your mouth, it would not look right and might even be in the way of the bite.  Braces attached to your teeth are the best way to approach this.  A really good invisible option is Incognito braces that actually go on the back of your teeth.  Look for a specially trained orthodontist in your area to help out with that.

Web reference: http://www.hiddenbraces.com/

Atlanta Orthodontist