Can Invisalign work for my over-crowded teeth? (photo)

I am 38 years old and have horribly crowded and misaligned teeth. All my canines are out of place..I was wondering if Invisalign could be an option for me..I am embarrassed to see a dentist and my confidence level is zero because of this.. I feel terrible all the time..Kindly suggest what would be the best treatment option. Thanks much.

Very crowded teeth

+2

First of all, don't be ashamed of seeing a dentist...they love to help patients like you and have seen much much worse!

Invisalign with extractions might work but find a doctor with a great deal of experience because your problem is not an easy case with Invisalign

Saint Louis Orthodontist

#Invisalign may be an option...

+1
If you could provide some additional photos with your mouth open showing all of your teeth on the top in one photo, then all of your teeth on the bottom in another photo.  You will likely need a handheld mirror to take these photos, but they would significantly help with diagnosis.  
Furthermore, you may require extractions of some teeth to provide room to align your crowded teeth.

Another option that you haven't considered is going to an experienced cosmetic dentist and asking for a consultation.  I have fixed the teeth of patients very, very similar to your teeth in a 1-2 appointment.  I've done this placing a series of crowns, bridges and veneers.  The result is life changing and is usually a little pricey.  The benefits include an immediate perfect smile.  Whoever you choose, check out some before and afters to make sure that the doctor is capable of giving you the results that you desire.  Good luck to you and I hope this helps. "Follow" me on Real Self to ask more questions.
Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO

Sarah Thompson, DMD
Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentist

Consider tooth coloured braces

+1
Your dentist has seen it all, don’t worry! You should never have to feel self conscious about getting the dental care you know you deserve. Invisalign braces are best for mild to moderate misalignment needs, and since you’re wanting significant results in your investment, it may be best to consider another type of treatment like tooth colored braces (which work like normal braces but are not as visible). You’ll be a favorite case of your orthodontist, because he or she will get to watch you transform under their care. Feel free to get a few different options or consultations and go with your gut instinct.

Michael Tam, BDS
Australia Cosmetic Dentist