Would Invisalign Work for my End-to-end Bite? (photo)

I'd really prefer not to get conventional braces. Note that i I needed a lower front tooth extraction to allow enough room to fix my end-to-end bite, I'd be fine with that. Although would it lead to a weaker-looking chin?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

End to End bite

+1

You have to be very careful in changing your bite.  If it is not done with thought about the TMJ, you could have disastrous results.  I would suggest you interview several people before you make a decision.  Don't try to save a few bucks - it could cost you big time on the future.

Washington Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign can correct an "edge to edge" bite.

+2

One of the advantages of Invisalign is it's ability to correct a malocclusion that results in an "edge to edge" bite relationship. Often these types of orthodontic cases respond very well and result in a normal overlap of the upper and lower jaw relationship. IPR (interproximal reduction) which is a system to make space between the lower incisors is sometimes employed to facilitate a successful result. 

Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign for End to End Bite

+2

I'm not sure you need an extraction in order to retrude your lower teeth slightly. It can be done with Invisalign using IPR (inter-proximal reduction).

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Would Invisalign Work for my End-to-end Bite?

+2

Invisalign can handle a lower incisor extraction in experienced hands....other options might be some slenderizing of the anterior teeth or elastic bands worn with braces.

None of these things would make your chin look week

Saint Louis Orthodontist

Invisalign for end to end bite

+2

If you need to have a lower tooth taken out it will not affect your chin position. Invisalign tends to not be the best option for any kind of extraction case. You would need to advise with your orthodontist but they might be able to combine upper Invisalign with lower clear braces.

New York Orthodontist