Would Invisalign Work In This Case (Gaps, Size and Shape Issues)

1) GAPS - I have a gap between the front teeth (diastema), as well as other gaps between 7, 8 and 9,10. There is also a visible gap between 6 and 7. 2) SIZE - I used to grind my teeth when I was a kid so the front teeth are somewhat worn (8,9). Not sure if Invisalign can "pull" teeth down or just slide. 3) SHAPE - A couple of teeth (7 and 10) are smaller in size but not too bad. Would Invisalign be recommended in addressing these issues, or just veneers or both? THANKS!

Probably both

+1

From your description both Invisalign and veneers might be the solution. You want to do Invisalign first since Invisalign will accomplish two things:

1. The teeth might look great and you may not need veneers.

2. After Invisalign and you determine veneers are needed the teeth will be in their proper position allowing veneers to be constructed that will be the ideal width and thickness.

There is a chance that you are still clenching your teeth without being aware of that habit. Invisalign is the best appliance to prevent any further damage to your teeth.

Invisalign can pull the teeth down if required.

Encino Orthodontist

Watch for TMJ Dysfunction before doing any orthodontics

+1

Invisalign could be useful in correcting your problem or just to get the teeth in better positions for cosmetic dentistry to finish the job.  However, be wary of TMJ (Jaw Joint) Dysfunction.  The grinding that you describe may be an indicator of this condition.  Have it checked out by a qualified dentist first.  Otherwise you may have pretty teeth that are just beating up each other every time you close your teeth together.

Kent Lauson, DDS, MS
Denver Orthodontist

My advice is Invisalign first then....

+1

See how you like your own natural teeth put into proper alignment and the gaps filled. If you then are not happy veneers can be considered..Your own teeth are better do maintain than veneers...

Michael J. Thomas, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Prepless Veneers - A No-Numbing No-Drilling Solution

+1

You may be a candidate for prepless veneers like UltraVeneers, Emprathins, or DURAthins even without having to move your teeth first.  The technology for no prep veneers has come a long way in the last 5 years, making this solution an excellent result for many people.

Susan Goode Estep, DMD
Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign or Veneers

+1

Your situation sounds like it can be helped  by Invisalign. Different cases take longer or shorter time depending on complexity. If the wear is significant and a concern to you, Veneers may be a better choice and would save time. Invisalign and Veneers could align the teeth for Prepless Veneers with no tooth reduction. Best of luck to you.

Mickey Bernstein, DDS
Memphis Cosmetic Dentist

Porcelain veneers can correct tooth size, shape and spaces between teeth

+1

Without seeing photos, this is all a guess.  However, if veneers are on the table, you may be able to skip braces completely and satisfy all goals with veneers only.  Porcelain veneers can correct tooth color, size, length, gaps and even make teeth appear straight.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist