Invisalign for Wide Gaps and Slightly Flared Upper and Lower Teeth

I am 50 years old would like to straighten and reduce the gaps between my teeth which also seem slightly flared top and bottom. Am I a candidate for Invisalign. Both my lateral incisors are bonded as the teeth are naturally quite short and small. The bonds are 34 years old & have become yellowed and are an odd shape. I'm considering replacing the bonded teeth with veneers or getting the bonding replaced. Should I do that first if Invisalign is an option or after. I also have a missing molar that had no adult tooth.

Gum disease should be controlled before braces or veneers

+1

If active gum disease is present, both veneers and invisalign should be avoided.  After the disease is controlled, you may find that veneers is all you really need for the smile you desire.

A combination of invisalign and veneers can give a fantastic result, so the investment for that should be considered as well.

I suggest a consultation with an experienced cosmetic dentist to learn what would work best for you.

Web reference: http://www.DrTimmerman.com

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign first, then do veneers

+1

Do Invisalign first to properly space out your teeth for future veneers. We can program that into the treatment for you. Dont just do veneers there could be a spacing problem and they could look too big.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers work better in your case

+1

To give you a comprehensive exam and options I should check your X-rays but it look like you have the perio problem. It is better to take care of your gum-cleaning or surgery- and then get the veneers. You are not a good candidate for Invisalign.

Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist