Invisalign - Wearing Aligners on and Off, Can I Carry On?

I work in a rural area where water and basic facilities are not always available. For the past 4 months I struggled with the first 3 aligners, wearing them on and off sometimes at night only. I wore aligner 3 for about 3 weeks but only at night. Then moved to aligner 4, it fit but it was painful the first 2 days, now I've been wearing it for 20+ hrs a day for 10 days and it feels fine. Can I carry on the treatment if I can stick to the 22+ hours 14 days / aligner or do I need to restart? Thx!

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Restart or not

+2

It is a little hard to say. But if the next aligner you but in seems to sit down all the way then you are probably OK.  Don't be afraid to visit your doctor and let him help you evaluate.  It is important to commit to 22+ hours a day wear or it just won't ever work.  

Washington Cosmetic Dentist

Carry On

+1

Because you are in the early stages of treatment with Invisalign and if the aligners are seating fully (tracking) it should be perfectly fine to continue with your current 22+ hours a day for 10-14 days.

New York Orthodontist