Invisalign Vs. Metal Braces Vs. Lingual Braces?

I need to have four bicuspids removed due to crowding of my teeth. The orthodontist said that Invisalign is not an option, nor are Lingual braces. I really wanted Invisalign and he said that it may take too long and kept pushing metal braces. I asked him for Lingual braces and he said it won't provide enough control? I'm fine with normal braces, I'd need them for two years. If Invisalign or Lingual, I'm willing to wait as long as necessary. Is there really a difference between metal braces and Lingual?

In the right hands...lingual braces will do just fine.

+1

Only a small percentage of orthodontists are trained and experienced enough to do your kind of case.  But they can work well if done by the right person.  Go to the Incognito website for a list of doctors who are certified in this awesome technique.

Atlanta Orthodontist

MOST EFFICIENT BRACES, JUST GET IT OVER WITH

+1

Invisalign vs metal braces vs lingual braces.  The MOST EFFICIENT way to get it done with likely the shortest treatment time and best result is going to be metal braces on the outside of the teeth.  If you want clear braces on the top front four that would not slow it down much at all.  Low friction appliances such as the Damon system which I use help reduce the sliding friction and speed up space closure (check it on the web).  In a case like yours, use the MOST EFFICIENT appliance you can find, just get it over with, and get on with your life, WITH A GREAT SMILE. 

Clark L. Jones, DDS, MSD
Phoenix Orthodontist

Lingual braces

+1

If you need to have a tooth taken out during your treatment then Invisalign would not be an option for you, but either lingual or the clear braces should be able to get the job done.

Tanya Vaysman, DMD
New York Orthodontist