Invisalign or Veneers?

I have some slight crowding of teeth at the front of my mouth that I would like straightened out. I spoke with my orthodontist (he's also a cosmetic dentist) and he said I would be a good candidate for either procedure and I would like other opinions on what is best. I've read pros and cons for both, and based on what I would want done, the price difference in minimal. I'm so confused on how to decide which is the best. I'd greatly appreciate any advice. Thank you.

Veneers or braces (or invisalign)

+1

First of all it is very unlikely that your doctor is an orthodontist as orthodontists are specialist who do not do veneers nor call themselves cosmetic dentists.  Regular dentists can do orthodontics and Invisalign but that does not make them orthodontists

That said it is my opinion that there is nothing as good as your own natural teeth.  Veneers and crowns are fine if your teeth are discolored or broken down but they should not be used to correct crooked teeth as they almost always damage the teeth in some way in order to fit the veneers or crowns and they probably will need to be replaced al number of times over your lifetime...total cost will far exceed the cost of orthodontic treatment

Saint Louis Orthodontist

Invisalign vs. Veneers

+1

When considering cosmetic dentistry (placing veneers on teeth), it is very important to assess the occlusion. Things that should be considered are the crowding of the teeth to be veneered, their malpositions, the periodontal health of the teeth involved, the depth of the bite, and other factors. It is always best to place veneers or crowns on teeth that are placed in their ideal positions. For example, if veneers are to be placed on the bottom front teeth, it is very important that the overbite is not too deep, that the lower teeth are not too crowded and that the health of the teeth to be restored is excellent. If there is crowding of the bottom teeth, it would always be the best option to straighten the teeth orthodontically and then have the cosmetic work completed. In that scenario, you have the best chance of achieving an excellent long lasting and dentally healthy result.

New York Orthodontist

Do What fits your lifestyle

+1

Veneers and Invisalign are both great options for patients these days. What you need to figure out is what do YOU want at the end of treatment. Veneers are gorgeous and will change the shape and colour of your teeth forever if done correctly. Sometimes a combination of invisalign or Dental veneers is also great. Remember you can always do Invisalign to straighten out and whiten your teeth and then enhance it with Veneers. But once you do Veneers there is no going back.

Ridgewood Cosmetic Dentist