Is It Possible Wear Invisalign on Upper Teeth Only?

I am very happy with my lower teeth, but not my upper. My front two teeth overlap slightly, and my fangs are crooked. I am 15 years old but I still feel that it is too late for braces, and since I have a pretty minor case, I dont think braces would be right for me. So is it possible to only wear and Invisalign on my upper teeth?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Better for both arches

+2

There is no age limit to getting braces, and at 15 there are plenty of your peers who have them.  If you choose to go with Invisalign, keep in mind that in order for the treatment to be successful, both arches need to be moved.  There are things that you may not see that needs correcting that an orthodontist might see.  Go for a consultation and listen to what they have to say.  

Washington Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign for Single Arch

+3

You may treat one arch only, however the cost remains the same as for both arches.  I treat both arches because when I move teeth in one arch, they will bite against the opposing arch differently -- and I want to maintain control of the bite alignment.

Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

It's about Invisalign results

+2

At 15 many of your friends are probably in braces. You would have them off by senior prom for sure. The problem with invisalign is that many dentists and orthodontists struggle with the fine tuning and moving the teeth to the final spot where they look the best. Also, you may be seeing that your front teeth appear to be the only ones needing work while an orthodontist may see other things that can be improved like the bite. I would go get a consultation and see what they say.

Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign for both arches

+2

It is better to get the treatment on both arches. With the changes at the top, you need some modifications on the bottom , at the other hand , the price and treatment duration is the same. Braces is a good option for ortho treatment and almost there is no age limitation of it.

Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist

No problem with Invisalign on upper teeth only

+2

The fee would be the same and would probably be an express case. We can do the uppers only as long as they are not touching the lowers at all. Teeth cannot move when they are touching another tooth. Your bite would need to be evaluated to determine your spacing issues. Good luck!

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Treatment can be tailored to your desires

+1

But may be more difficult with only the upper arch treated. Sometimes to make room for one arch, the other arch needs attention as well. I would say it is never too late for braces, as the oldest patient we have treated with braces was 74. 15 is a LONG way from that...!

There is no extra cost for one arch vs two, so while you COULD do upper arch only, I would recommend both.

Web reference: http://www.bestseattledentist.com/html/invisalign-seattle.html

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist