Invisalign Tray Does Not Cover my Back Molars - is This Normal?

I am on day 7 of my first invisalign tray. When I was shown my ClinCheck video it did not encompass the top (1 and a half) rear molars on the top jaw. At the time I questioned this and was told this made the tray easier to remove. However my bottom jar does have the tray covering all of the teeth. I am concerned that perhaps this is not standard practice and that if the bottom molars move out, but the top ones do not, that this may cause problems. Any advic or opinion would be extremely welome.

Invisalign trays should generally cover at least half of the most distal molar

+1

The general rule of thumb is that the alginer should fully encompass the most distal tooth being moved and cover the most distal tooth not being moved partially, so that the tooth does not overerupt.

That being said, there are situations where this may not be required.  Speak to your doctor if you have any questions about your treatment.  Hope this helps! 

Toronto Orthodontist