Will Invisalign Help TMJ?

It can in many cases help TMJ syndrome

+1

Depending on the cause of the tmj i suppose. I've treated tmj with invisalign because the patient had a very deep overbite and I was able to correct that and allow the jaw to move forword a lot easier thus easing the stress on the tmj so the patients symptoms diminished.  Each case and result will be different. Get a couple consults regarding this treatment.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign can help TMJ but it is not a guarantee

+1
There are many factors that can contribute to TMJ Disorder, which can include but are not limited to, the joint, the muscles, and the occlusion. Invisalign can help correct the bite which can sometimes help TMJ. In addition, invisalign, since it covers the teeth, will protect the tooth surfaces while grinding, and tends to act like a niteguard. This can sometimes help with TMJ as well.

Gabriela Hricko, DDS
New York Orthodontist