Is Invisalign Teen an Option for Me or Am I Too Old? And Are my Teeth Too Crowded? (photo)

I will be 20 in two months, and I can't afford braces at the moment. From what I've heard about Invisalign Teen, I think it would be a better option for me than regular Invisalign. I have no problems with my bite, but I have pretty severe crowding; one of my top lateral incisors is twisted nearly 90 degrees out of place. The crowding isn't limited to the front teeth. My molars and premolars have been shifted out of alignment by my wisdom teeth [which have been removed].

Invisalign teen

+1

Sounds like you have alot going on. I strongly suggest you go to an orthodontist and have a full work up and cost for your needed care. It best to learn what you need that trying a thing here and there. When you get your car fixed don't replace,parts till it runs find out what is wrong and correct it

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Am I a candidate for invisalign teen

+1

For one you are too old for invisalign teen. It is basically the same except for a few minor additions to aid the younger teens who may not be as responsible.  It looks like you have more issues than you understand.  I would seek a qualified invisalign dentist to see if you are indeed a candidate

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Can I get Invisalign teen

+1

You are too old for Invisalign Teen but Teen is exactly like Regular Invisalign except for a few minor things.

Given the amount of crowding you show, I think you probably need multiple tooth extractions...In this case braces are your best bet

Robert Waxler, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist

Invisalign Teen Option

+1

I'm not sure if you're still eligible for "teen", but, depending on what your expectations are, I do NOT think that Invisalign Teen would be an option for your severe crowding issues. Have a consultation with an Invisalign providor to find out for sure.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist