Is Invisalign a Good Substitute for Braces?

I have crowding since my wisdom teeth grew in. I do not want regular braces to fix the problem. Is Invisalign a good alternative in place of braces?

Invisalign is a good substitute for braces

+1

I had adult braces for 18 months when I first got out of dental school and they sucked big time. I couldnt eat salad, I couldn't kiss, and they made my lips bleed all the time. I would have totally done Invisalign had they had them in 1991. They are easy and removeable and wont cut your lips or tongue and they don't make you look like a 12 year old .

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

If the crowding is minor and you are not looking for perfection, then yes.

+1

If your crowding is minor across the lower front teeth and you have a relative good bite, then yes, Invisalign will work for you.  

If there are some bite issues and you are looking for perfection, then I would suggest fixed appliances (braces).

Best regards.

Dr. Jim Awbrey

James J. Awbrey IV, DMD
Atlanta Orthodontist

It all depends on the current condition and desired outcome

+1

Invisalign is a great tool, but it isn't for EVERY situation or personality. It CAN take longer than traditional ortho in some cases, so for the type A personality that wants it done quick and perfect and in only one take (no midcourse corrections, etc), then it is NOT for them...

Discuss with your Dr your goals and s/he can share with you the pros and cons of Invisalign as it applies to you. Minor crowding as you describe should be just fine with Invisalign.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist