Can Invisalign Straighten my Teeth and Reduce the Open Bite Without Surgery? (photo)

Can Invisalign close the open bite

+2

This case is very complicated for even traditional braces, let along Invisalign. There is not much Invisalign can do here. Even braces alone without surgery would not successfully close the bite they can just align teeth to make them look straighter.

New York Orthodontist

INVISALIGN FOR SEVERE CLASS III OPEN BITE?

+2

My opinion is that it is not a good idea to do this with invisalign, in spite of the claims that it can do anything braces can do , I just don't think it CAN. on something like this  This will tax the abilities of the best orthodontists using the best and most efficient fixed appliances possible.    The treatment planning and diagnosis will be key to getting a good result so you really need to do your homework, read reviews, and try to find a really good and experienced orthodontist with the best possible planning tools.  I would want a cone beam CT scan on this to help figure out how it got this way.  Jaw surgery seems like  a definite possibility .  In my opinion you should not go to some "corporate dentistry" group with "saddle bag" orthodontists that travel around from office to office.  They seem to  have a lot of staff changes including the orthodontists and I have seen cases where patients have had at least four different orthodontists, still not finished,  and it appeared that nobody really had a comprehensive plan.  This is a very difficult case and I think you really need continuity and good follow through on this one

Clark L. Jones, DDS, MSD
Phoenix Orthodontist

NO

+1

Hi, an AOB is challenging enough and I do not believe that Invisalign can successfully treat an AOB for a reproducible and predictable result. 

Wasim Fazel, BDS
London Cosmetic Dentist

INVISALIGN IN DIFFICULT CASES

+1

If someone recommends Invisalign for your particular case, RUN..  There is absolutely no way Invisalign can do anything for your particular case.

You need a very experience Orthodontist that works with an experience Oral Surgeon.  You are going to need both.

Jean D. Morency, DMD
Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Cannot Solve Your Case

+1

There is NO WAY Invisalign could solve your bite problems. I'm not even sure that standard orthodontics can totally solve your problem without surgery. Have a consultation with an experienced orthodontist in your area.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist