OK to Get Invisalign out of State While in College?

im currently in california but in fall 2010 i plan on going to university of arizona. As a present my parents wanted to get me the invisalign in arizona and i was wondering how many appointments it would take to actually get the retainers and start the treatment. Could i take the consultation and the mold for the first appointment and get the retainers on 2nd appointment? Thanks.

Get Invisalign in your permanent location.

+1

Its best to get your treatment done in the area where you'll be living for at least 12 months. Retainers can be mailed to any location.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign takes time and patience

+1

Since you have many visits you should see a dentist close to where you will spend most of your time.  Also prepare for 4-8 visits about every 6 weeks until the treatment is done.  You won't be able to start until about a month after your impressions, so you will have to plan on how much time the treatment will take and how long you may be gone during summer vacations.

Personally I would say don't start it unless you can finish it with the same person who begins it.

M. Andrew Atwood, DDS
Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign takes several visits and many months

+1

The process is not immediate, and is impossible to start on the first visit (wearing trays).  The initial consultation is when records can be taken, but those must be sent to Invisalign.  After a few weeks, the computer rendition is ready and roughly 4 weeks later the aligners are done.  Usually 3 aligners are dispensed at a time, wearing each for 2 weeks.  Appointments 6 weeks apart are scheduled until completion of care, and total time varies from case to case, IF Invisalign is possible.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Starting Invisalign treatment

+1

Every office has a different policy on how they schedule Invisalign cases. In most cases, you can have a consult and impressions for the system on the same day. After your Dentist submits the case to Invisalign, they must wait for the case to be reviewed before the aligners are made. So If you are working on a tight schedule, you may want to call the office you plan on going to and asking what their policy is. Mention that you are moving and they will be able to help you with how best to begin treatment. It may be advisable to start treatment in the place you will be moving to.

Eric Gibbs, DDS
New York Orthodontist