Invisalign - Spaces Between Bottom of Aligner and Teeth That Aren't Closing? (photo)

I am on Tray 14 of my invisalign treatment. My teeth movement has been great so far, but now I have noticed that my right canine and both lateral incisors are not moving into place. The reason I got invisalign was to bring down my right canine. It has come down a lot, but I am very worried that it is no longer moving. The picture shown is after week one of Tray 14. Should I be worried? Should I wear this aligner longer until it fits tightly, even if it takes longer than 2 weeks?

Consult Your Orthodontist

+1

Whenever you have a concern that a tooth is not “tracking” properly or fully into an Invisalign tray and desired movement is not occurring, consult with your orthodontist. The orthodontist can show you a virtual model of your teeth (clincheck) that will show exactly what tooth movements should be occurring with each tray. Sometimes, teeth will actually move out of proper alignment before being brought into an ideal alignment. The approved clincheck will allow you to visual all expected movements.

New York Orthodontist

SPACES BETWEEN TEETH AND INVISALIGN ALIGNERS?

+1

This is a common observation and usually indicates that tooth movement is occurring more slowly than originally projected. The solution is to take new impressions and plan a new aligner series (mid-course correction or refinement). Check with your orthodontist, but I am quite sure that is what will be recommended.

Mercer Island Orthodontist

Case refinement is common

+1

It is not unusual to have trays not seat as planned, and often some fine tuning is needed.  This is less convenient with Invisalign, since new impressions are needed (this is called "mid course correction).  These are sent back to Invisalign for a new set of trays. 

This isn't "starting over" since a lot of progress has already happened, but the aligners that have been made will no longer work.

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Reason for gap between invisalign tray and teeth

+1

The most common reason for an invsalign tray not seating completely is insufficient space between the teeth.  So if originally some trimming of the sides of the teeth was performed or called for, then more needs to be done at this point to allow them to move.  In other words, the aligner is attempting to move the teeth but due to the tight contacts of adjacent teeth, it is not possible.  Have your dentist check these contacts to see about creating more room.

Columbus Cosmetic Dentist