Is Invisalign Right for Me? (Photos)

Hi, I am 22 and have never used braces before, but I noticed that I have a crossbite and it is slowly moving stuff around. The dentist said she could treat me with both braces and Invisalign. I'm concerned that Invisalign won't be as effective as braces at correcting my problems. Thank you for your help. PS: I apologize, some of the photos came out a little blurry.

Specific Guidelines for Invisalign

+1

There are very specific guidelines we use as trained dentists to know if our patients are qualified to receive treatment with Invisalign. There are specific millimeter measurements and angle rotations that we can use. If your doctor is a certified Invisalign provider, they are more than qualified to let you know if you are a good Invisalign candidate.
With that said, Invisalign can definitely treat cross bites and mild crowding.

Good luck!

Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist

Is Invisalign Right for Me (22yo)

+1

I cannot see evidence of the cross-bite that you are referring to in your photos. It must be a very minor one, and Invisalign would be ideal.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Crossbite

+1

From the photos your crossbite doesn't look that severe. I'm not sure if you are biting together properly in the photos. Invisalign does correct crossbite but the cases need to be carefully selected. If you have any doubts and you are willing to wear regular braces, then go for traditional braces. Your other option would be to go for a 2nd opinion.

Sylvan Fain, DDS
Miami Cosmetic Dentist