I am 16 going on 17 very soon. I really do not want metal braces. Is Invisalign Right for Me? (photo)

I am 16 going on 17 very soon. I really, really do not want metal braces. My teeth are not that bad, however I've become really self-conscious over them lately and I think straightening my teeth would make me feel more confident. And how much is invisalign, usually (or for a case like mine if it's possible to guess)? My family has dental insurance and I'm pretty sure it covers 50% for orthodontics, which includes invisalign right?

Invisalign right for me

+1

A Dr apt is free why not go in and find out the best tretment for your case why guess. There are pros and cons for all treatment and you need to learn all them and then decide which is the best one to fit your needs and problems ...good luck

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Invisalign for Teen Who Does Not Want Traditional Braces

+1

I agree it's hard to tell from your photos if that is how your teeth fit together when you bite down (an open bite and cross bite).  Invisalign MIGHT be an option for you -- the best way to find out would be to find a few Invisalign providers in your area and schedule consultations with them.  If you have some providers who are orthodontists (specialists), include them in your search.  Good Luck!

Susan Goode Estep, DMD
Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

Not everyone's treatment is suitable for Invisalign

+1

I can't tell from the photos if you are actually biting down all the way, but if that is the case, you seem to have what we call an "Open Bite" with "Cross Bite". At your age, 16 going on 17, it would be next to impossible to correct your malocclusion with Invisalign. Without getting any further specifics, I would be hesitant to offer any recommendations, and I would highly recommend you to seek orthodontic evaluations in your area. It is not uncommon to get second or third opinions from other orthodontists. Good luck!

Richard Shin, DDS
Rockville Orthodontist