Is Invisalign Recommended for a Classic Class 3?

Sometimes it can!

+1

I've fixed two cases of class 3 occlusion that their Dr said they needed surgery to fix. It takes some time and sometimes an extraction or two. A lot of times the upper teeth can be brought out and they lower teeth can be pushed back and you end up with and edge to edge bite which isnt perfect but its a huge improvement cosmetically and certainly doesnt involve jaw surgery..

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Class 3 cases should see an orthodontist

+1

Hi! I would recommend seeing an orthodontist who can review the best treatment options for your Class 3 malocclusion. A full diagnostic work-up must be done to determine the cause of the malocclusion and the severity, ie. is the problem due to the position of the teeth or is it due to the position of the jaws. This will enable the orthodontist to give you the best treatment options, which may or may not include invisalign, as well as benefits and limitations of each option.

Gabriela Hricko, DDS
New York Orthodontist