Invisalign Question - Oral Hygiene and Invisalign?

Hi, RE: Invisalign-- I know this may seem extremely trivial, but right now the highest of my worries is hygiene and kissing. I have read that I should "kiss goodbye to my social and romantic life", as kissing will be difficult and there will always be an issue with bad breath. However, as long as I keep both my teeth and the alligners clean as advised by my dentist, can I keep this from being an issue? Thanks in advance! Ashton

Oral Hygiene - Invisalign - Kissing - Orthodontist

+2
Cute Question.  Keep up with your oral hygiene and make sure your aligners are clean.  Should not have any negative impact on your social and romantic life.  Here are a few tips.  Never eat or drink (besides water) with your aligners on.  Also many products on the market to clean your aligners, my favorite is Retainer Brite.  Good luck!

Pensacola Orthodontist

Oral Hygiene and Invisalign

+1

There should be no lack of a social and romantic like because of Invisalign. Maintaining clean aligners and teeth are the key to keeping bad odors away. Also, everything is removable! So you can take them out when necessary :)

Svetlana Novak, DMD
Natick Cosmetic Dentist

Oral Hygiene and Invisalign

+1

very interesting question. I've never had a patient complain that they could not kiss because of Invisalign. Keep the aligners and teeth as clean as possible, and you should not have any romantic problems. By the way, you can always remove the aligners for an hour or two of romantic interlude.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist