Could Invisalign Possibly Work for Me If I Play a Brass Instrument?

I have crowded teeth which have caused one tooth(canine) to push out a bit and be higher up than the others as well as push the tooth next to it backwards(lateral incisor). My bottom teeth are also slightly crooked from the crowding. My dentist told me that I need to get braces again, but traditional braces make it difficult to play a brass instrument. I came across Invisalign and was curious as to whether it could help me in my situation so I can correct my teeth and keep up with my instrument.

Invisalign and brass instrument

+1

Great idea! This is always an issue. The alineers will be easier to adjust to but you can pack wax in braces to reduce the sharpness. I have treated many instrument players and they all did fine. It take a little adjustment for each but motivation over comes all issues

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Invisalign may be just the ticket

+1

It sounds like you have already had braces in the past.  Patients who have already been treated orthodontically once are generally good candidates for Invisalign.  If indeed you crowding is relatively mild, as you make it sound, then a series of clear trays may be just the ticket to resolve your crowding, while allowing you to play your brass instrument with comfort.  Because Invisalign hugs each tooth with a clear plastic material, it is more comfortable on your lips.  The pressure exerted on your teeth by your lips while playing a brass instrument shouldn't bother you very much at all with Invisalign.  The key to any good Invisalign treatment is to be evaluated by a professional to determine if you are a good candidate for such treatment.

John W. Graham, MD, DDS
Salt Lake City Orthodontist

Are you mad?

+1

Soft tissue traingles occur during any orthodontic treatment for the following reason:

When you have crowded teeth you have reduced bone height and gum width. The teeth are effectively overlapping each other. 

In cases of spaces the teeth have again flat bone levels around them.

So when you place triangular teeth next to each other side, by side the the base of each triangle (incisal edge) will meet but the neck of the tooth by the gum will have no supporting gum, hence black triangles.

If planned correctly the dentist can do some interproximal contouring and bring the teeth closer.

NOW back to you question, dermal fillers?

They are not permanent and are not made for injecting into the gum. The dermal filler is a block filler and occludes the surrounding tissues. You may end up with no blood supply to the gum and gum tissue necrosis.

I would also like to pint out that the injections need repeating regularly.

My advice would be IPR contouring or composite filling build up.

Raj Kumar, BDS, LDSRCS
London Cosmetic Dentist