Invisalign Pain?

I have signed up for Invisalign but I'm having sleepless nights worrying about what I have gotten myself into. I have two upper incisors that are somewhat slanted over my front teeth and a few slanted teeth on my lower jaw- and will need a number of attachment.Other than that my teeth are quite nice.Can anyone tell me the pain severity I can expect, is it a throbbing pain?- on a scale of 1 to 10 ??? how would it compare to regular braces. I appreciate all your input.

Pain with treatment

+1

there is a break in peroid but not pain. the teeth are tender but not painful. apsrin or advil will help and that is it. after things get moving the really isnt any discomfort at all...plus you get a great smile

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Pain during invisalign

+1

Sorry to hear you are losing sleep over your decision to start invisalign.  You have made a great choice.  Almost everyone says that they have some slight discomfort and pressure the first time they put a new tray in. On scale of 1-10, maybe a 2 or 3.  Other than that no discomfort.  You have nothing to worry about. Good luck.

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Pain

+1

Please dont lose anymore sleep. On a scale of 1-10, MAYBE you will feel a 3 on the day that you receive new aligners. Otherwise, a "0".

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.