Pain from Invisalign

My trays are rubbing up against my inner cheeks, as well as the underside of my tongue. I can barely speak nor swallow without pain. Is this normal? What should I do about this?

Aligners shouldn't hurt like that.

+1

When a new set of trays is started, it's not unusual to feel some discomfort in the teeth that are moving for a few days.  It is not normal however, to have pain and soreness in your cheeks and floor of your mouth.  The aligners are most likely not fitting well at the edges.  I would recommend that you show them to your dentist so that he can adjust them for your comfort.

Toronto Cosmetic Dentist

Call your Dentist, and don't do anything yourself

+1

The aligners need to be adjusted or smoothed down. If they are flaring out too much, the dentist may need to take new impressions and start over.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist