Invisalign for Bad Overbite and Crooked Teeth?

I have a really bad overbite and a little bit of crooked teeth. I think I'm too old for braces as well. Will Invisalign work for me?

Never too old for braces

+1

Why do you feel you are too old for braces? If it is a social/vanity thing, then perhaps (only you can say for sure!). Braces and Invisalign work in the same fashion, they are just different tools doing the same thing.

I have found that Invisalign CAN help with an overbite, but it is much more challenging than traditional braces and can take much more time. Even with that, Invisalign may not be able to do the job completely.

I like invisalign, it has some nice features. But tradtional wires are much more powerful and predictable.

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign is a poor choice for a bad overbite

+1

You are never to old for braces. I do not have records to confirm the diagnosis, but if you overbite is really severe this will require a surgical lower jaw advancement to correct your problem in conjunction with orthodontics treatment. There are some esthetic option for braces. I recommend consulting a board certified orthodontist, who has a good surgical background, for advice.

James J. Awbrey IV, DMD
Atlanta Orthodontist

Invisalign for overcrowding and overbite

+1

I have used Invisalign Treatment for a lot of patients with overcrowded teeth and who also have a deep bite (overbite).  I think it's a great option for you - set up a consultation appointment with your Invisalign-providing orthodontist or dentist.

Susan Goode Estep, DMD
Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist