Invisalign for Misaligned Molar?

I had my wisdom teeth out and it caused my back molar to move and face outward so that eventually I will be bitting my cheek. Is Invisalign out of the question?

Invisalign is great at tipping teeth and intrusion

+1

Invisalign is great at tipping teeth and intrusion. It may take a while longer but at least you can remove them to eat normally and not have metal mouth or ugly porcelain brackets on your teeth. I had them 15 years ago and it was a nightmare socially. I love salad and had to give it up for 18 months cuz of my porcelain braces. I would have done invisalign in a heart beat to be able to eat salads and then put them back in. Its a no brainer for me and my patients in this day and age. We now use elastics along with the aligners anyway which can really pull that molar into positon. Good luck.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Molar movement is very difficult to achieve with Invisalign

+1

I would recommend fixed appliances when it comes to moving molar teeth. The movements will require minimal cooperation on your part and much more predictable with braces.

James J. Awbrey IV, DMD
Atlanta Orthodontist

Molar movement is a challenge

+1

There are some situations that test the limits of invisalign. That doesn't mean it can't be done but it may be very time consuming. Even wire braces are challenged but they are more predictable and likely quicker.

Your treating Dr would be able to tell for sure.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist