Insurance Coverage for Invisalign?

After reading many reviews, good and bad, I decided this is something I want to try. I have insurance and was wondering if something like Invisalign would be covered (at least most of the cost)?

Invisalign is covered under Orthodontic policy

+1

Insurance will cover Invisalign under your Orthodontic policy, not your regular dental coverage. If you have that in your policy then a portion, not all of it, will be covered. If you have $1000 coverage for ortho then when the Dr bills the $5000 for the Invisalign, insurance will then pay only up to $1000 towards your treatment, not the $5000 that was billed.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Yes, but only if you have orthodontic coverage on your...

+1

Yes, but only if you have orthodontic coverage on your insurance policy.  Many do not and many others only allow it up to a certain age.  Call your dental insurance company and ask them about your orthodontic coverage.

Rochester Cosmetic Dentist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.